The SU3800 and SU3900 are robust and flexible thermionic emitter variable pressure SEMs. The SU3900's extra-large stage and chamber make it perfectly suited to the study of large, heavy or multiple specimens.
• Exceptional low voltage performance to reveal additional fine structure
• Fast and sensitive detectors easily provides surface detail, morphology, composition and crystallography
• Image wet or hydrated samples using cold stage or Hitachi’s patented ionic liquid
• Choose between fully integrated EDS from Oxford Instruments or a flexible choice of EDS/EBSD/WDS from any manufacturer
• Multiple ports available for analytical detectors, single or multiple EDS, EBSD, WDS or CL
Easily handle and navigate any sample
• Load samples up to 130 mm height and 300 mm diameter with all 5 axes functional
• Never get lost: Easy and safe navigation on your sample using the colour navigation camera
• Perform dynamic experiments in-situ with tensile, heating, cooling or probing sub-stages.
• Examine wide areas with image stitching
• Automated particle analysis for technical cleanliness, asbestos, inclusions, fibres, etc.
• EM-Macro scripting or recording interface allows repetitive or complex procedures to be automated
• Integrated Cathodoluminescence (CL) for more information from minerals, photonics or pharmaceuticals
• 3D surface metrology with depth/angle/roughness measurement
(1) Pollen, low-vacuum SE, 1.5 kV; (2) Metal cross-section, BSE, 3 kV; (3) Copper minerals, low-vacuum, 5 kV.